I created IrixGuy’s Adventure Channel (http://youtube.com/IrixGuy) as an experiment. As an early adopter of Internet video, my goal was to become one of tomorrow’s “big media players” on a “Ramen noodle budget.” I’m not there yet but I have experienced noticeable growth.
I adhere firmly to the following requirements that I put into effect for myself on day-one:
- Always treat IrixGuy’s Adventure Channel like a business
- Deliver fresh video content on a daily basis
- Interact with the audience
- Promote videos via the top social media networks
- Avoid joining a YouTube multi-channel network
- Follow what’s trending to promote subscriber growth and video views
- NEVER lose interest
This formula has continued to work well and has led to the creation of SnagBear.com. I created SnagBear.com as a means to add even more value to the videos featured within IrixGuy’s Adventure Channel (http://youtube.com/IrixGuy).
Due to my personal obsession with drones, I created AerialRights.com to help to continue to promote the freedoms of responsible drone owners.
Need to buy a drone and/or learn more about drones? Visit 400orBelow.com. It’s my latest drone-only pursuit!
My best advice for everyone is to never abandon a business opportunity that many may laugh at. Become a community leader, master the business and monetize the knowledge acquired throughout the journey. Most importantly, HAVE FUN while continuing to grow =)